March is here and hints of Spring are popping up all around. Some of my wife’s bulbs are blooming and our vegetable seedlings are getting bigger every day and spending more and more time in the greenhouse. A few days of Spring like weather followed by a few days of Winter type weather. All in all keeping my workshop warm enough to do a lot of work is nearly impossible for now. The heating system just will not keep it 65° + when it gets down to 28°, or even close, at night. But little by little I am prepping all the new shafts and heads for Spring so when the weather is right I can epoxy them for use in the fitting system.
This year I’ve made a change in my offerings that at first take looks major but after doing some research will make little or not difference at all in what golfers get from their fittings. I’ve decided to reduce the number of companies I do business with and once I did all the research I realized it was not going to make much difference at all. I’ve been building custom golf clubs exclusively since 2002 and when I looked back at the past 5 years I discovered that 98% of my heads designs have been one of two companies, Wishon Golf or Alpha Golf. So I went back and looked at the test data for the one head I’ve sold outside Wishon and Alpha and discovered that the differences between performance had been very, very slight over a Wishon or Alpha head. So slight it would have made virtually no playable difference to the golfer if he had been fitted with the other head.
Unlike in years past where I carried full lines of many brands, starting in 2014 I will carry only the full lines of Alpha Golf and Wishon Golf with a smattering of other products that have proven to be successful in testing. I will have the all major steel shaft companies and graphite shafts for both Alpha and Wishon and I will continue to have UST Mamiya and Aerotech shafts in depth in my fitting system along with a mix of selections from Matrix and a few others, but only selectively. Based on research over the past 5 years all the other designs and shafts are redundant and had never been installed based on performance testing.
In short, I’m only going to carry what has been successfully tested and installed in customer’s clubs repeatedly over the past 5 years of fitting and testing. It will make the testing process go faster and it will not change the outcome of fittings by not having the redundancy in heads or shafts. Alpha Golf and Wishon Golf plus the few exceptional items I retain will fit gofers of all abilities just fine.
With Spring just around the corner I’m almost booked up for a month or so. If you want a fitting call soon and get your deposit in to reserve a date. I hope to start fittings somewhere around the Masters or hopefully a little before the Masters if the weather will cooperate. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 762-821-3148 to inquire about a Spring fitting. Or you can go to the shopping cart and sign up and I will contact you later to arrange a date: http://www.mcnixgolf.com/Shop/custom-fitting.html
- Fittings are done on Tuesday or Thursday at 1 pm and full fittings last from 3 to 5 hours on average.
- Fittings are charged by the hour and the deposit pays for the first 2 hours only. The balance will be due at the end of the fitting.
- Deposits are non refundable and if you miss your date once a date has been agreed on you will have to make another deposit.
- Be sure your game is in good shape for your fitting for best results
- Bring your clubs, shoes and be prepared to hit 50 to 100 shots during the fitting
- Clubs will take 2 to 3 weeks to deliver or ship provided all components are in stock at the time of the fitting. You will be notified as soon as I know how long back orders will take.
- 50% deposit is required at the time you order your clubs and the balance is due when the clubs are delivered or prior to shipping if they are to be shipped.